Maryland Concealed Carry Class:
July 25th 10:00 - 6:00pm
Yes, it may be possible for you to get a Maryland Wear and Carry Permit! It is not a guarantee, however, we have had a very high success rate from our applicants. Please scroll to the bottom of the page for general FAQ's and contact us to see if you have circumstances which would help you get a permit. Veterans - you do NOT require training to apply!
The great news is that if you are seeking your initial training for the Maryland CCW we have let you combine classes to meet the 16 hour training requirement. If you don't need basic training you can go straight to the 8 hour Md Wear and Carry class. The 8hr class covers all of the Maryland requirements and also serves as the 8 hour renewal course. For those needing an additional 8 hours for initial training we suggest the "Personal Protection Inside the Home Course.
If you need renewal training the fee for the 8 hour training is $150. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Disclaimer: Completion of this training course does NOT guarantee that you will be granted the Maryland Concealed Carry Permit.
I am a victim to the OPM breach and have a clearance...will I get a permit?
The OPM breach or a Secret Clearance as your "G&S" reason to get a permit will NOT be successful by itself... and we are hearing from people who were "promised" elsewhere this would work but have been denied. The MDSP SOP guidelines for G&S have been available since September 2015, and are as follows:
GOOD AND SUBSTANTIAL REASON: an objective determination, arrived at by the assigned Maryland State Police Licensing Division employee based upon his investigation that the wearing, carrying or transporting of a handgun by the applicant is necessary for the applicant’s:
1. Business activities, either as the business owner or upon request of the owner on behalf of an employee.
2. Employment in a regulated profession such as security guard, private detective, armored car driver, and/or special police officer or rail road police officer.
3. Employment in an assumed risk position.
4. Personal protection - Personal protection requires: a. Tangible evidence or evidence that may be documented and affirmed that the applicant’s life is in imminent danger and/or b. Tangible evidence or evidence that may be documented or affirmed that the applicant is currently being targeted by individuals wishing to do the applicant harm.
Who needs to take the training?
Every original application and renewal application submitted after October 1, 2013, unless exempt. If you are any one of the below you are exempted.
You are an active law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
You are a retired law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
You are an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard.
You are a Qualified Handgun Instructor registered with the Maryland State Police.
You have successfully completed a firearms training course given by a Qualified Handgun Instructor. (The on-line firearm safety course is no longer accepted).
What does it cost to submit the application?
1. Original handgun permit: $75.00, and you must have current (within 30 days) Live Scan Fingerprints.
2. Renewal and/or subsequent handgun permit: $50.00, after 2016, renewal does NOT require Live Scan fingerprints.
3. Modified and/or duplicate handgun permit: $10.00